1. Q: What kind of comb do Ameraucanas have?
A: Pea comb
2. Q: What kind of comb to Black Australorps have?
A: Single comb
3. Q: What are 10 types of combs?
A: Single, Rose, Pea, V, Strawberry, Cushion, Walnut, Buttercup, Carnation, Silkie
4. Q: What class are Buff Orpingtons in?
5. Q: What class are Sebrights in?
A: RCCL (Rose Comb Clean-Legged)
6. Q: What class are Rhode Island Whites in?
7. Q: What class are Dorkings in?
8. Q: Which mites live in cracks and crevices and bother birds who are roosting?
A: Roost (or red) mites
9. Q: What are the seven parts of the wing?
A: Wing front, Wing shoulder, Wing bow, Wing bar, Primary flight feathers, Secondary Flight Feathers, Primary Coverts
10. Q: Name the varieties of Brahma?
A: Dark, Light, Buff, Black & White
11. Q: Do Faverolles, Orpingtons, Polish or Lakenvelders have 5 toes?
12. Q: What
temperature should an incubator be at to hatch chicken peeps?
A: 99.5 degrees (but during lock-down, 98.5-99 degrees)
13. Q: What medication is used to treat coccidiosis?
14. Q: Do chicken have teeth?
A: Only when they have recently hatched and still have their egg tooth from breaking out of their shell.
15. Q: Do chickens sweat?
A: No, they pant to cool themselves off.
16. Q: When is the best time to vaccinate for Marek's Disease?
A: When chicks are one day old.
17. Q: What varieties of Chantecler are in the Standard?
A: Partridge, White
18. Q: What is the chicken's true stomach called?
A: The proventriculus
19. Q: What are the two types of game bird brooding?
A: Battery brooding and Floor brooding
20. Q: Which breed was once called an Indian Game Bird?
CLICK HERE to get back to the current Trivia Question page.
Small Seramas, bantams. Some black, some blue and white spotted and some red and gold. Head is directly over their feet. Wing feathers drag the ground
My name is Linda. We have a small farm in Spokane, WA. I have the amazingly beautiful and striking blue laced red Wyandotte. This is a beautifully marked
My name is Linda. We have a small farm in Spokane, WA. I currently have a relatively new breed of chicken to the United States, the Swedish Isbar (pronounced
My name is Linda. We have a small farm in Spokane, WA. I have the beautiful, large fowl Black-Red Partridge Welsummers. My current line comes from
My name is Linda. We have a small farm in Spokane, WA. I have the amazing Large Fowl, Silver Laced English Orpington. Although not currently accepted
My name is Linda. We have a small farm in Spokane, WA. I have the amazing rare Large Fowl, Isabel Cuckoo Orpington. Although not currently accepted colors