MO - Dutch Hookbill Hatching Eggs
by Connie Abeln
Looking to share our good Dutch Hookbill ducks with breeders who will appreciate and use them. Right now we have a limited number of hatching eggs available, but we are sold out of juveniles and adults.
Dutch Hookbills are rare ducks. They are friendly outdoor birds, hardy in cold and heat, good and reliable layers spring through fall. They eat very little feed if they have access to pasture, and they readily come back to their pen as it gets dark to be locked up safe. We have both bibbed and dusky colors. The eggs are large, and range in color from pearl-white to light blue. Our flock is NPIP certified and AI-free.
We showed our Dutch Hookbill ducks for the first time at the Missouri State Poultry Association Double Show in Sedalia, Missouri, on April 15, 2017, with good results. Dutch Hookbills are not recognized yet by the American Poultry Association, so they show under All Other Ducks.
Our prices for Dutch Hookbill Ducks are:
If shown and won, $50/bird
If show quality but not yet shown, $40/bird
If not show quality but almost perfect, $25/bird
We are currently sold out of all adult and juvenile birds. We expect to have some available this spring.
Hatching eggs are $30/dozen. We will need to know if you want bibbed or dusky colors, or a mix. We cannot guarantee what happens to eggs after they leave our control. We will send you the shipping receipt with the tracking number, so you can track their trip, and file any claims, if needed.
We will also ship birds and eggs, but not ducklings, when the weather permits, spring and fall mostly.
* For live birds, shipping costs range from $100-120, depending on your location and the weight of the birds, and include the Horizon N.E.S.T. USPS-approved shipping box and USPS overnight shipping, if available. We can ship up to two Dutch Hookbill ducks in a N.E.S.T. We will ship only through U.S. Postal Service, weather permitting.
* Hatching eggs are shipped express mail, marked fragile, and in a large padded box. Shipping costs range from $60-85, depending on distance and weight of eggs shipped.
* All shipments are insured, and the buyer is responsible for filing any insurance claims with the US Postal Service if the eggs arrive late or broken. The buyer pays for all shipping costs.
Contact me at email@example.com and we will coordinate a good time and place to meet for delivering hatching eggs or birds. We do attend swaps and shows in other states, so we may be able to work something out.
Our next planned shows are:
- Tulsa State Fair Poultry Show
4145 East 21st Street, Tulsa, OK 74114 September 29, 2018
- 2018 Central Indiana Show
Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds, Lebanon, IN October 20, 2018
- American Poultry Association Show
Heart of Oklahoma Exposition Center in Shawnee, OK Nov 17-18, 2018
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will coordinate a good time and place to meet for delivering hatching eggs.
Note: We do not ship ducklings.