1. Name the 4 Light Goose breeds. Chinese, Tufted Roman, Canada, and Egyptian
2. Name the 3 Bantam Duck breeds. Call, East India, and Mallard
3. Which breed of Heavy duck is able to fly? Muscovy
4. Which need heat for longer when young, ducklings or chicks? Chicks
5. Which grow faster when young, ducklings or chicks? Ducklings
6. At what age to ducklings no longer require a heat source? 6 weeks
7. Should ducklings have medicated feed? No
8. Does Starter or Grower/Breeder feed have higher protein content? Starter has 22%, Grower/Breeder has 15-16%
9. _______ is essential to keep waterfowl growing and healthy. Water
10. True or False: The best way to catch geese or ducks is by the legs. False, their legs are week and are easily disjointed or broken.
11. Do male or female ducks have "drake feathers" that curl forward from the top of their tails. Male
12. What breed of duck does not have "drake feathers" on the male? Muscovy
13. At what age are young ducks ready to be marketed for meat? 7-8 weeks
14. Feathers with hard tips which are easy to remove indicate that birds should be ______ as soon as possible. slaughtered
15. Which duck breed has a longer incubation period than other duck breeds? Muscovy
16. How long is the incubation period for Muscovy ducks? Other ducks? 35 days for Muscovy, 28 days for most ducks
17. Which 2 goose breeds have a longer incubation period than other goose breeds? Canada & Egyptian
18. How long is the incubation period for Canada/Egyptian geese? Other geese? 35 days for Canada/Egyptian, 30 days for most geese
19. Which breed of duck has been known to be a successful "foster mother"? Muscovy
20. Do duck eggs need more or less moisture during incubation than other fowl? More
21. What is the most common cause of lameness in ducks? Bumble Foot
22. What is it called when the primary feathers on one or both wings grow away from the bird's body. Twisted wing
23. What is the condition called when the cloaca and oviduct are forced out of the vent? Blowouts
24. What usually causes blowouts? Young females laying oversized eggs or when overweight breeding females come into production.
25. True or False: Ducks and geese are seldom affected by disease and parasites. True
These two males were hatched at Holderread farm from the Top Show Quality stock during the week of June 5, 2017. One is a silver phase the other gold.
ISO-crested ducks or ducklings in Wisconsin. Must be girls. Lorie (920)606-6028 texting would be best. Thank you.
Hand raised White Crested Polish Poults $15. Friendly, gentle, energetic and beautiful. Bantam variety lays beautiful small white eggs. Great genetics,
Good quality, calm and docile breeding stock. Taking reservations for spring 2019 American Buff goslings. Limited availability. 50% non refundable deposit
Top blood line Blue Red OEGB. Make line birds. Adults only. Sold in pairs, trios, or quads. Shipping available. Bigmike0601@gmail.com
Located in Nashville, contact me through Facebook at Lawrence E. Davis (Nashville Tennessee)