are ____ flyers, they often escape out open windows or _____.
A. poor; doors
B. strong; porch lights
C. average; gates
D. strong; doors
2. A _____ _____ is a measurement used in determining albumen quality when eggs are broken out. Haugh Unit
3. Name the oldest breed in the American Class. Dominique
4. Which organism has lifespan away from poultry of weeks, is a bacteria, and has symptoms of diarrhea? Salmonella
5. What bacteria are we referring when we say "Keep Hot Foods Hot, and Cold Foods Cold?" Clostridium perfringens
6. Name the two breeds of duck that come in the buff variety. Buff and Indian Runner
7. Proper biosecurity states that one age of bird should be on the property at any time. Many small flock owners have more than one age on the property, so what should they be doing instead to compensate for their increased risk to their flock? The different ages should be housed separately.
variety of this American Class breed was the first to be developed. Was it the
A. Plymouth Rock
B. Jersey Giant
9. This Asiatic breed comes in just two varieties. Name the breed. Langshan
When candling an
egg, what are you not likely to see?
B. Air cell
11. A ____ is a highbrow or one with intellectual interests or pretensions. Egghead
What should you
do if your cockatiel appears listless, fluffed up for long periods, or is not
A. Do nothing, he/she will be fine
B. Visit a veterinarian
C. Give it vitamins/electrolytes in the water
D. Discuss is with your seed salesperson
What type of
litter should be avoided at the start of raising baby waterfowl or they may
mistake it for feed.
A. crushed corn cobs
B. fine litter
D. wood shavings
14. The commercial broiler industry started in the state of _____. Delaware
This bacteria is
known as the buffet germ.
B. Clostridium perfringens
C. Staphylococcus aureus
D. Clostridium bolulinum
Why is it easier
to sex ducks over geese?
A. Males and females are always a different color from one another
B. Male ducks have drake feathers that curl forward from the top of their tails
C. Male geese have caruncles on the face
D. The knobs on the heads of male geese are smaller than on females
When a chick is
developing what takes place on Day 18?
A. The digits become separated
B. Growth of the embroyo is nearly complete
C. The mouth opening appears
D. The embryo turns it head toward the blunt end of the egg
protruding broken bones are permitted on a grade B carcass?
Which breed in
the American class is only found in the varieties of Black and White and no
B. Jersey Giant
C. Plymouth Rock
When were most of
the breeds and varieties we know in the United States today developed?
What can we help you find? Search the website:
We have a few different types of Coturnix quail! Coturnix are excellent layers, excellent meat birds and are very beautiful. For more information go to
Contact: Two48 9four9 seven8zero0 Milford, Michigan Young Cockerel/Rooster Satin Partridge Silkie 5:6 months old Father is an amazing rooster and
Information on the Champion Feed & Pet Supply Flock-tober Swap