1. Which breed of chicken has a crest, feathered shanks and toes, vulture hocks, a 5th toe, and a v-comb?
( Sultan )
2. What is the scientific name for the Red Jungle Fowl?
( Gallus Gallus )
3. A Showgirl chicken is a cross between a _________ and a _________. ( breeds of chickens)
( Silkie & Naked Neck )
4. Which 2 of these 5 breeds should have 6 points on its comb? (a. Leghorn b. Minorca c. Spanish d. Java e. Jersey giant )
( Minorca & Jersey Giant )
5. What is a common misspelling of Ameraucana?
( Americana )
6. True or False: Rhode Island Reds & Rhode Island Whites are the same breed.
7. What kind of comb do Rhode Island Reds have?
( R.C. Rhode island Reds have rose combs & S.C. Rhode Island Reds have single combs )
8. Which one of these breeds is not a True Bantam? (a. Sebright b. Japanese c. Sussex d. Silkie e. Dutch f. Rosecomb )
( Sussex )
9. What are the 3 varieties of Rosecomb Bantams are in the American Standard of Perfection?
( Black Blue & White )
10. What is a chicken’s breastbone called? ( Keel )
11. What does Dual Purpose mean?
( Can be used for Eggs & Meat )
12. Which one of these breeds is not in the Feather-Legged class? (a. Silkie b. Favorolle c. Barnevelder d. Brahma )
( Barnevelder )
13. Which Breed will not be penalized if it has multiple spurs, and actually is preferred to have multiple spurs?
14. What does O.E.G.B. stand for?
( Old English Game Bantam )
15. What are the 3 grades of exterior quality of an egg?
( A, B, & Dirty )
16. What is a chicken’s iris?
( The colored part of the eye around the pupil )
17. What is a snood? ( The Skin that hangs down over the turkey’s beak )
18. Can ducks get worms? ( Yes, occasionally )
19. When does a Old English Game male not need to be dubbed? ( When it is a cockerel )
20. True or False: Dutch bantams are Hen-feathered
( False )
I have some sexable grow out Brahma chicks 8 weeks old (buff and dark) and 4 month old Partridge BBS cockerels. I will have more chicks and hatching eggs
Five week old /male oh-araucanas-for-sale.great health well cared for. My township does not allow for Roosters. I bought a 8 baby chicks on Easter and
I have breeding stock in B.B. Red, Brown Red and one Cockerel and four Hens in Lemon Blue for sale. These are Breeders and not Show Birds. They are out
Information on the Heritage Breeds Festival
Can't figure out what's wrong with your flock? See if we can help!
Hello everyone, we are a very small family farm in Michigan. We raise only bearded Silkies! Nothing else and breeding toward perfection! I currently have: