1. Which breed of chicken has a crest, feathered shanks and toes, vulture hocks, a 5th toe, and a v-comb?
( Sultan )
2. What is the scientific name for the Red Jungle Fowl?
( Gallus Gallus )
3. A Showgirl chicken is a cross between a _________ and a _________. ( breeds of chickens)
( Silkie & Naked Neck )
4. Which 2 of these 5 breeds should have 6 points on its comb? (a. Leghorn b. Minorca c. Spanish d. Java e. Jersey giant )
( Minorca & Jersey Giant )
5. What is a common misspelling of Ameraucana?
( Americana )
6. True or False: Rhode Island Reds & Rhode Island Whites are the same breed.
7. What kind of comb do Rhode Island Reds have?
( R.C. Rhode island Reds have rose combs & S.C. Rhode Island Reds have single combs )
8. Which one of these breeds is not a True Bantam? (a. Sebright b. Japanese c. Sussex d. Silkie e. Dutch f. Rosecomb )
( Sussex )
9. What are the 3 varieties of Rosecomb Bantams are in the American Standard of Perfection?
( Black Blue & White )
10. What is a chicken’s breastbone called? ( Keel )
11. What does Dual Purpose mean?
( Can be used for Eggs & Meat )
12. Which one of these breeds is not in the Feather-Legged class? (a. Silkie b. Favorolle c. Barnevelder d. Brahma )
( Barnevelder )
13. Which Breed will not be penalized if it has multiple spurs, and actually is preferred to have multiple spurs?
14. What does O.E.G.B. stand for?
( Old English Game Bantam )
15. What are the 3 grades of exterior quality of an egg?
( A, B, & Dirty )
16. What is a chicken’s iris?
( The colored part of the eye around the pupil )
17. What is a snood? ( The Skin that hangs down over the turkey’s beak )
18. Can ducks get worms? ( Yes, occasionally )
19. When does a Old English Game male not need to be dubbed? ( When it is a cockerel )
20. True or False: Dutch bantams are Hen-feathered
( False )