MO - Crevecoeur Hatching Eggs & Chicks
by Connie Abeln
Looking to share our good show-quality Crevecoeurs with breeders who will appreciate and use them. Right now we have hatching eggs available, but we are sold out of our adults and juvenile birds.
Our Crevecoeurs are standard-size, all-purpose, outdoor birds, hardy in cold and heat. Originally raised in France as fine meat birds, their meat is tender due to the short muscle fibers. Crevecoeurs are good layers of medium- to large-size, creamy white eggs. Our flock is NPIP certified and AI-free.
We show our Crevecoeurs regularly at state fairs and poultry shows, to make sure our stock stays consistent with the American Poultry Association standards. Our most recent show was the Tulsa State Fair Poultry Show on September 29, 2018, where our Crevecoeur rooster earned Best of Breed.
When they are available, our prices for adult and juvenile Crevecoeurs are:
- If shown and won, $50/bird
- If show quality but not yet shown, $35/bird
- If not show quality but almost perfect, $25/bird
- If a good Crevecoeur type, $15/bird
Currently, we have no juveniles or adult Crevecoeurs available of any type. We do expect to bring chicks to the April and May Clearview Swap meets.
Hatching eggs are $30/dozen. We cannot guarantee what happens to eggs after they leave our control. We will send you the shipping receipt with the tracking number, so you can track their trip, and file any claims, if needed.
We will also ship when the weather permits, spring and fall mostly.
* For live birds, shipping costs range from $100-150, depending on your location and the weight of the birds, and include the Horizon N.E.S.T. USPS-approved shipping box and USPS overnight shipping, if available. We can ship up to two Crevecoeurs in a N.E.S.T. We will ship only through U.S. Postal Service, weather permitting.
* Hatching eggs are shipped next-day express mail, fragile, and in a large padded box. Shipping costs range from $50-80, depending on distance and number of eggs shipped.
* All shipments are insured, and the buyer is responsible for filing any insurance claims with the US Postal Service if the eggs arrive late or broken. The buyer pays for all shipping costs.
Contact me at email@example.com and we will coordinate a good time and place to meet for delivering hatching eggs. We are near Saint Louis, Missouri, and we regularly attend the Clearview Feed Small Animal Swap in Union, Missouri, but we attend swaps and shows in other states, so we may be able to work something out.
Our next planned show is:
- Missouri State Fair Poultry Show, Sedalia, Missouri, August, 2019
Note: We do ship adult chickens, weather permitting, but we do not ship chicks.